Where Science Meets Art and Technology Meets Imagination.
Dolby Soho Pop-Up Offers an Accessible Creative Sanctuary
At Dolby Soho, the brand’s long-term pop-up in the heart of New York City, science meets art and technology meets imagination. The 30,000 square foot, multi-level space is where Dolby delivers a series of fresh, immersive audiovisual experiences to the public and creative community. The themed exhibits give attendees their own unique Dolby experiences through a mix of sensory engagements and interactive demos.
Every three to five weeks, Dolby Soho debuts a new activation, allowing the brand to showcase its range of innovative technologies and high-profile partnerships in film, music, art, and beyond. Acoustically transparent projection screens, semi-visually transparent materials, and mirrors offer visitors the Dolby experience in compelling and transformative ways.
- INFINITY SPACE: Created with a wall of TVs enabled with Dolby Vision and strategically placed mirrors, images continue forever. The space is rigged up with the immersive sound of Dolby Atmos to complete the otherworldly experience.
- EXPERIENCE ROOM: This 1,000-square-foot, fully projection-mapped room, is paired with a state-of-the-art 34 channel Dolby Atmos audio system.
- VIRTUAL FOREST: Visitors walk through a scene as it unfolds across 18 upright screens with Dolby Vision with an overhead Dolby Atmos soundscape.
- THE LIVING ROOM: This living room style setup offers visitors a more grounded Dolby experience they can actually recreate at home.
- DOLBY CINEMA: Visitors get a taste of the complete Dolby experience in this 26-seat cinema equipped with Dolby Vision laser projection and Dolby Atmos sound.
- DJ LAB: A hands-on, interactive demo of the DJ software used for creating live music in Dolby Atmos.
- CAFÉ: Visitors can reflect on their experience and socialize. They can also dive deeper into Dolby technologies and learn about different devices at Dolby’s partner device bar.
Dolby SoHo offers an accessible, creative sanctuary for anyone curious enough to step inside. Aside from hosting larger events and parties for the broader creative community, Dolby engages on hyper-local level as well. The brand partners with local film schools to run workshops and panel discussions and also invites local artists to discuss their work.
- 30,000 sq. ft., multiple level experience; free and open to the public
- Monthly changing partnerships with film, television, gaming, music and sports-themed experiences
- 8 immersive, product demonstration zones and workshops
- 360-degree audio systems and Dolby movie theater
- Nearly 500,00 visitors since opening