ASML Experience Center Light Lab
Welcoming visitors to experience a series of educational and innovative activations
Bringing Innovation to a New Audience
To support large-scale growth with the launch of its extreme ultraviolet (EUV) technology, ASML engaged Sparks, in collaboration with TELL-IT INC, to design an environment that would attract a new generation of talents, make their innovation accessible and inspire prospects, employees, partners, customers and more.
The ASML Experience Center Light Lab Visitor Experience
The ASML Experience Center Light Lab presents the company’s groundbreaking innovations through a series of immersive and interactive moments.
The visitor journey kicks off with a high-level movie sharing the incredible technology behind chip lithography and its impact on the world. As they continue through, attendees encounter a series of six interactive stations that highlight the most compelling challenges ASML engineers solve every day and demonstrate deep ultraviolet (DUV) and EUV technology.
The stations offer a level of detail engaging enough for science and tech recruits to understand all of the ways in which ASML creates, controls, and integrates light while staying entertaining and educational enough for school aged children. Here are bit more details on each ASML Light Lab station:
- Visualizing DUV and EUV Plasma Physically: DUV is represented in a glass column with plasma rods simulating lighting bolts. EUV is represented on a frosted glass orb with a center light source that starts off dim and brightens until it reaches max illumination, creating a popping sound similar to the sun.
- Light Narrowing (Refraction DUV): Visitors rotate a prism to aim a laser light at a second prism. The second prism is then rotated to achieve a single green beam of light hitting a target.
- Light Narrowing (Reflection EUV): Visitors choose one of two mirrors to reflect a green spectrum with a guide to hit a target. A coated optic mirror reflects only one color of light. The second standard mirror reflects all colors of light.
- Control Phase and Frequency EUV: Visitors synchronize two dynamically different forces to control the speed of a light pulse and the speed at which an object on a turntable spins, giving the impression that it’s animated.
- Control Phase and Frequency DUV: Visitors turn dials to control the frequency and phases of speakers on a screen to hear different tones, dialing it to match the peaks and valleys for a consistent tone.
- Geology of a Chip: Visitors view a 3D timeline cross-section of a chip from the 1980’s to 2010.
On the ASML Experience Center Light Lab’s surrounding walls, an array of interactive displays and murals offer a deeper look at the company’s history and products – including an artifacts space, where visitors view key pieces of the light sources up close.
- Located within ASML’s office park in San Diego, CA
- Immersive movie theater at the exhibit entrance
- Hands on “science museum” challenges for both science/tech recruits and kids
- Interactive exhibits including:
- 3D timeline cross section of a chip from 80’s to 2010
- Frosted glass orb with a light source in the center
- Coated optic mirror that reflects only one color of light.
- Physical artifacts of milled solid metal blocks that shows the inner workings from DUV and EUV machines
Your brand wants one-to-one engagement on the customer’s turf. See how we make brand matchmaking work smarter. Tell us about your brand activation or sponsorship project below or upload an RFP at the top of the page.