Verizon Continues its Retail Reinvention
Verizon Wireless continued its reinvention of the retail experience this fall with the opening of two new Destination Stores on Chicago’s Magnificent Mile and Houston’s upscale BLVD Place.
In keeping with the vibe of the first Destination Store at the Mall of America, the Chicago and Houston stores are designed to create an immersive, hands-on retail experience for today’s sophisticated technology shopper. Both are anchored around lifestyle zones where customers can engage with specialists and experience wireless products and apps running on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.
The lifestyle zones include:
- Amplify It – an immersive music experience for the music aficionado
- Anywhere Business – to meet the need of Houston’s deep roots in the energy and healthcare industries, as well as the mobile professional and entrepreneur
- Customize It – a special on-site photo booth to create one-of-a-kind smartphone accessories that make a style statement
- Get Fit – an interactive area for the active sports and fitness buff to engage hands-on with the latest technology
- Have Fun – unique tech toys for gamers and tech toy enthusiasts
- Home and On The Go – a “connected” home that demonstrates home monitoring and energy management devices
- Power Zone – for finding solutions to make sure you never lose battery power unexpectedly
Spanning 12,224 square feet, the two-story Houston store is the largest in the country. With six interactive Lifestyle Zones, visitors can engage with trained specialists and experience applications, gadgets and gear in a visual playground setting.
The store includes every lifestyle zone aside from the Power Zone. It also includes an enhanced, dedicated Wireless Workshop area with seating for personalized hands-on training. A Verizon education specialist shares tips about getting the most out of a device and also leads free classes in front of a large, interactive digital display screen.
The store's architecture and design features local, Texas-sourced materials. And with 140 screens throughout to help shoppers access information on products and services, it was created with the customer in mind. Most notable, an expansive 14-foot gesture-based interactive curved wall represents the power of the Verizon network and illustrates how consumers pursuing their lifestyle passions, such as sports, music or travel, bring the Verizon network to life.
Chicago’s own Academy- and GRAMMY Award-winning artist, Jennifer Hudson, was the first customer to experience the 10,000 square-foot, two-floor technology retail playground. Vine stars Jack Gilinsky and Jack Johnson of “Jack and Jack,” and social media phenomenon Matthew Lee Espinosa were also on hand to experience the tech products available in the seven interactive lifestyle zones throughout the store.
Chicago uses every lifestyle zone with the addition of the Wireless Workshop area that is free for customers interested in learning tips and techniques for using new products and devices.
In addition to these new Destination Stores, Verizon will continue its partnership with Sparks and Chute Gerdeman to redesign company-owned retail locations, called Smart Stores, throughout the country to take the wireless customer experience to the next level.
Posted by Kristy Elisano | Request as a Speaker
Caffeine dependent Jersey girl. Northeast powder hound. Inspired by creative risk takers and underdogs. VP Marketing, Doodle owner and cocreator of my daughter.